My mother used to take me to the bakery on Sunday mornings when I was a small child.
We’d have a quiche and a coffee and sit in the park across the street, people-watching.
Those are some of my favorite childhood memories.
That nostalgic sensation may be recreated with our Toaster Oven Brunch Quiche.
It’s the ideal size for two people and reheats well if you have leftovers.
I don’t have time for lazy Sunday mornings at the bakery now that I’m a grownup.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy a delicious quiche now and again.
This recipe calls for a simple quiche that can be made in a toaster oven.
It’s the ideal size for one or two people and bakes in approximately 25 minutes.
It not only saves time and energy, but it also adds a lovely, crispy crust to the quiche.
Try baking your quiche in a toaster oven for a simple and tasty brunch meal!
- How to make Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven?
- How to Store Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven?
- Nutrition Facts of Brunch Quiche Baked
- Health Benefits of Brunch Quiche Baked
- What to serve with Brunch Quiche Baked?
- Can I use milk in quiche instead of cream?
- Do you have to Prebake pie crust for quiche?
- Should quiche be baked covered or uncovered?
- Variation: Quiche with Spinach and Cheddar
- Deep-Dish Pie Shells
- Oven Omelet
- Can you bake pies in a toaster oven?
- Does quiche crust need to be pre baked?
- Should you cover quiche with foil when baking?
- What is the best temperature to serve quiche?
- Is it OK to bake in a toaster oven?
- What Cannot be cooked in a toaster oven?
- What happens if you don’t pre bake pie crust for quiche?
- What happens if you don’t blind bake a quiche?
- Should quiche be in metal or glass?
How to make Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven?
A toaster oven is a tiny electric oven for toasting bread and baking small goods.
They come in a variety of forms and sizes, with the two-slot toaster oven being the most common.
A toaster oven is a terrific addition to any kitchen, particularly if you don’t have much room or want to save money on electricity.
Quiche is a savory custard that is traditionally cooked in a pie crust.
It may be prepared with a variety of components, including meat, cheese, vegetables, and herbs.
Quiche is ideal for brunch since it may be served hot or cold.
Best of all, it can be made in a toaster oven.
Here’s how to make Toaster Oven Brunch Quiche:
What you will need:
- 2 eggs
- cup milk or cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- cup ham or turkey diced cooked
- 1 tsp dillweed dried
- tsp salt
- tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg optional
- 1 9-inch (23 cm) deep-dish pie shell baked
- In a large mixing bowl, blend eggs until barely mixed. Add milk, cheese, ham, dill, salt, pepper, and nutmeg if using.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cooked pie shell and equally sprinkle the cheese and ham.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated 350 F (180) toaster oven, or until the middle is firm.
- If the quiche browns too much on one side, flip it halfway through baking time. Allow for a 10-minute rest before serving.
- Once quiche has cooled, slice and serve.
Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven, the dish can make any ordinary day seem extraordinary.
This recipe is suitable for any supper, whether for one or two people.
So, the next time you want a quick and easy quiche, bake it in a toaster oven!
You can also create the pie crust ahead of time and put it in the freezer to save even more time.
This Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for one or two people
- Can be made ahead of time
- Ready in about 25 minutes
- It has a crispy, delicious crust
- Can be served warm or cold
- Great for any meal
So, what are you waiting for?
Try this recipe now to experience the delectable flavor of quiche without the fuss!
How to Store Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven?
While quiche is best served fresh, it can also be refrigerated for a day or two.
If you have leftovers, put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat them in the toaster oven when ready to eat.
You can also freeze quiche for up to two months.
Wrap it securely in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the fridge overnight to defrost before reheating.
This Brunch Quiche Baked in a Toaster Oven will hit the spot whether you serve it fresh or reheat leftovers!
If you wish to freeze your quiche, slice it into individual portions beforehand.
Wrap each slice in plastic wrap before placing it in a freezer-safe bag.When ready to dine, thaw the quiche overnight in the fridge and reheat in the toaster oven.
Quiche is a flexible dish that may be served at any time of day.
So, whether you want a quick and easy breakfast or a delicious brunch dish, bake your quiche in a toaster oven!
Nutrition Facts of Brunch Quiche Baked
Brunch Quiche Baked recipe is not only about the flavor; it is also about the nutrients that the food will provide.
There are other sorts of quiche, but this one is created with eggs, milk, and protein-rich cheese.
The same is true for the ham or turkey that is utilized as an ingredient.
The veggies, on the other hand, supply vitamins and minerals, while the herbs bring taste to the meal.
To get the most out of the meal, eat it while it is still warm.
You will be able to taste all of the flavors in the quiche this way.
To make it a full dinner, serve with a side salad.
When it comes to nutrition, one serving of this quiche will give you:
- Calories: 462kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Potassium: 170mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Vitamin A: 476IU
- Calcium: 279mg
- Iron: 2mg
Health Benefits of Brunch Quiche Baked
When we discuss the advantages of eating quiche, we are not referring to this specific meal.
A quiche is an egg, milk, and cheese pie.
Other types of quiche are made with the same ingredients.
This implies that all of the advantages connected with quiche apply to these other foods as well.
One of the primary advantages of eating quiche is that it is high in protein.
Eggs are an excellent source of necessary amino acids as well as one of the greatest protein sources.
Cheese is also a fantastic source of protein, including all of the important amino acids that our bodies need.
Another advantage of eating quiche is that it is high in calcium.
This mineral is necessary for strong bones and teeth.
It is also required for proper muscular function and nerve transmission.
Quiche is high in antioxidants as well. These nutrients aid in the protection of our cells from toxins and free radicals.
Lastly, quiche is a good source of B vitamins.
These vitamins are necessary for energy generation and metabolic health.
They also contribute to the health of our skin, hair, and nails.
So, if you’re looking for a nutritious and filling brunch dish, quiche is a great choice!
It is high in protein, calcium, antioxidants, and B vitamins, all of which are necessary for good health.
This dish is ideal for a quick breakfast or brunch.
It’s high in protein and minerals, and it’s also incredibly filling.
So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, try baking your quiche in a toaster oven!
Quiche is a flexible and healthful dish that may be eaten at any time of day.
It is high in protein, calcium, antioxidants, and B vitamins, all of which are necessary for good health.
Quiche can satisfy your cravings whether you serve it fresh or reheat leftovers.
What to serve with Brunch Quiche Baked?
It may be great on its own, but here are some tasty suggestions to make it even better!
Quiche is often associated with breakfast or brunch, however it may be eaten at any time of day.
Brunch quiche cooked may be paired with a variety of dishes.
Some of our favorites include:
- A simple green salad: A green salad will add crisp and freshness to your dinner. For the finest taste, use seasonal greens.
- Fresh fruit: Bring color and flavor to your meal. We like to serve quiche with fresh berries, melon, or even mango.
- Roasted potatoes: Roasted potatoes are a delicious side dish for a heartier supper. They can be prepared ahead of time and then reheated just before serving.
- Crustless quiche: This is a great alternative if you’re searching for a lighter dinner or want to cut down on carbohydrates. Crustless quiche may be just as tasty as traditional quiche, so don’t be hesitant to experiment with various component combinations.
- Roasted veggies: Roasted vegetables provide a hearty element to any dish. Any vegetable would do, but we really like asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and red onions.
- Savory breakfast potatoes: For a breakfast-inspired supper, serve some crispy potatoes with your quiche. Try our Easy Roasted Breakfast Potatoes recipe.
- A side of bacon or sausage: If you want to spoil yourself, add some bacon or sausage to your meal. Yum!
- Toast or bagels with cream cheese: Toast or bagels are always a fantastic option, and theyre the ideal vehicle for delivering creamy pleasure straight to your lips.
What to offer with baked breakfast quiche is almost limitless.
Get creative and experiment to find your ideal combination.
Can I use milk in quiche instead of cream?
Yes, you may substitute milk for cream in quiche.
The addition of milk makes the quiche lighter and less heavy, but it is still wonderful.
If you’re managing your fat consumption, skim or low-fat milk may be preferable than whole milk.
Do you have to Prebake pie crust for quiche?
There is no correct or incorrect answer to this question since both approaches will provide a wonderful quiche.
We suggest prebaking your pie crust if you want an incredibly light and fluffy quiche crust.
This will assist to keep the crust from becoming soggy when the filling is added.
I hope this helps!
Should quiche be baked covered or uncovered?
This is a frequently debated topic among quiche enthusiasts.
Some individuals swear by covering quiche during baking to keep it moist and fluffy, while others feel that the crust should be crispy and bake their quiche uncovered.
Finally, it is up to you whatever way you choose; both will provide great quiche. If you opt to cover your quiche while baking, be sure to check it often to ensure that the crust does not burn.
If you wish to bake it uncovered, set it on a baking pan to catch any spillage.
Quiche is a tasty and gratifying dish no matter how you prepare it. Enjoy!
Variation: Quiche with Spinach and Cheddar
- Squeeze off any extra moisture from 4 cup (175 mL) frozen spinach. Leave out the ham. 3 defrost
- Sprinkle over the bottom of a cooked pie crust, then pour egg mixture on top carefully. Because frozen spinach is sold loose, you don’t have to defrost an entire package.
Deep-Dish Pie Shells
Deep-dish pie shells may be found in the frozen pastry department.
Follow package directions for baking.
Make sure to buy the deep-dish shells, as pastry tends to shrink slightly when baked.
- 2 cup grated Cheddar cheese (125 mL).2 teaspoon salt (2 mL). In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, and 12 cup (125 mL) milk.
- 4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper (50 mL). or 12 cup (125 mL) of any combination of the following: Cooked ham, bacon, or sausage, diced cooked potato, or cooked corn, and if preferred, 1
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil or softened butter grease a 9-inch (23-cm) glass pie dish. Add the egg mixture. Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 350F (180C) toaster oven, or until barely firm in the middle. Remove from oven and set aside for 3–4 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces. Makes 2 to 3 servings.
Can you bake pies in a toaster oven?
Toaster ovens can bake pies, breads, muffins, cookies, casseroles, and much more.
Does quiche crust need to be pre baked?
Make the Quiche Crust
And, as you’ll see, always prebake the quiche crust to avoid gummy pastry. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out the chilled dough, whether handmade or bought, into a 12-inch circle.
Should you cover quiche with foil when baking?
Is quiche baked covered or uncovered? Cover your quiche with aluminum foil for the last 25 minutes of baking. You will expose it for the remaining 10 minutes to allow the top to brown.
What is the best temperature to serve quiche?
Because quiche is best served at room temperature or slightly chilled, you should make it ahead of time. One of the reasons it’s ideal for Christmas morning brunch.
Is it OK to bake in a toaster oven?
With a little practice, a toaster oven may also be used to make pizzas, cookies, and even cakes. One of the greatest advantages of a toaster oven, according to Unclutterer, is that it warms up quicker than a traditional oven, making it a faster option to bake or broil.
What Cannot be cooked in a toaster oven?
Here are some foods (and cookware) that you should avoid using in your toaster oven.
Foods that are fatty or greasy.”No, I would say.
Seeds and nuts left unattended.
Bakeware made of glass or ceramic that is not broiler-safe.
Paper, wood, and plastic are all acceptable materials.
What happens if you don’t pre bake pie crust for quiche?
It’s particularly useful for wet-center recipes. Most tarts, pies, and quiches need pre-baking to prevent the final result from becoming soggy. Pre-baking also eliminates the possibility of undercooked shells or fillings.
What happens if you don’t blind bake a quiche?
With these top quiche suggestions, you can avoid a soggy bottom. Blind baking is an important step in making the ideal quiche. It forms a seal between the creamy middle and the pastry bottom, resulting in a crisp tart shell every time. Longer is preferable, and Darina suggests blind baking your pastry for 25 minutes.
Should quiche be in metal or glass?
If you are not baking blind, the bottom of the crust will continue to cook for a few minutes after you remove it from the oven. Although metal conducts heat more effectively than glass, glass is transparent, allowing radiant energy to pass through.