As with bacon in a toaster oven, this one cooked in an air fryer is also incredibly delicious, crispy, and pillowy at the same time, with beautiful red color and much, much lower on fat than on a skillet.
- Why cook bacon in an air fryer?
- Candied bacon
- Clean-up afterwards
- Make Ahead
- How do you cook bacon in a air fryer?
- Can you put raw bacon in an air fryer?
- How long does bacon stay in the air fryer?
- Do you put foil in the air fryer when cooking bacon?
- Is bacon better air fried or baked?
- Should you put water in the bottom of an air fryer when cooking bacon?
- What Cannot be cooked in air fryer?
- Is bacon better in microwave or air fryer?
- Can I put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
Why cook bacon in an air fryer?
- There is no preparation or smoking (if it smokes, try pouring a little water on the tray the next time).
- You dont have to deal with popping grease
- Its very easy to gather grease for future use
- No need to drain the bacon or use paper towels
- Get your bacon
- Cook it for 8-10 minutes at 360F-400F (change the time based on thickness and crispiness).
- Try it in a BLT or a pasta salad with bacon, avocado, and basil!
- Keep an eye on the air fryer at all times. In an air fryer, bacon burns really quickly.
- Toss and shake the bacon in the basket as needed, depending on the quantity and size of the bacon.
Repeat the procedure, but this time add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on each slice.
- Place the grease in the refrigerator. Pro tip: use it to make popcorn!
- Rinse the air fryer with hot water once it has been basked. If there are any chunks of bacon remaining, scrub them off.
- Use a towel to dry the basket.
You may make things easier on yourself by planning ahead of time:
- 4 of the way through the baking process.Cook an entire pack of bacon three times.
- Let it cool.
- Refrigerate it.
- Take a piece out when you need it and place it in the air fryer.
Done in a minute, and no mess.
How do you cook bacon in a air fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the air fryer tray (or basket) with olive oil, then arrange the bacon in a uniform layer.
Cook for 10 minutes, monitoring midway to ensure the bacon is uniformly cooked. Serve and have fun!
Can you put raw bacon in an air fryer?
Bacon may be cooked in the air fryer, but make sure you use the correct temperature and that your air fryer is clean before you start. The ideal bacon air fryer temperature is 350°F. This will crisp the bacon without smoking or burning it.
How long does bacon stay in the air fryer?
Thick-Cut Bacon – air fried at 350°F for 9-10 minutes for softer bacon, and 10-12 minutes for crispy bacon.
Do you put foil in the air fryer when cooking bacon?
Yes! In the air fryer, aluminum foil may be utilized. I sometimes line the outside basket with foil to collect the drippings.
Is bacon better air fried or baked?
Is cooking bacon in an air fryer healthier? Because the meal is suspended in the air fryer basket, the majority of the bacon fat will be rendered off during cooking. Because air-fried bacon does not fry in its own fat, it is substantially healthier than bacon cooked in the oven or on the stovetop.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! Before cooking the bacon, add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket. This will prevent smoke from being produced by the rendered bacon fat. You may be able to cook more than four strips of bacon at a time if they do not overlap in the air fryer basket.
What Cannot be cooked in air fryer?
8 Things You Should Probably Not Cook in an Air Fryer
Foods that have been battered. Do not use wet batter in the air fryer.
Greens that are fresh. Because the machine utilizes high-speed air, leafy plants like spinach may cook unevenly.
Roasts in their entirety.
Grain in its natural state.
Is bacon better in microwave or air fryer?
Bacon cooked in the microwave isn’t any better. Cooking bacon on a wire rack in a hot oven allows the fat to flow onto a sheet pan. I believe that the air fryer is the greatest and healthiest way to cook bacon. Depending on the kind of fryer, the fat drops to the bottom of the bucket or tray.
Can I put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
The simple answer is yes, aluminum foil may be used in an air fryer.